Friday, January 11, 2013

all that's left for me


it is time to say goodbye,
it is time for the end

no more happiness found
now that I am free of sin

it's a lonely walk down
an empty street,
I can't seem to care

and when I reach
out my hand,
no one is there

left to embellish
the past with taunts
of returning to the start

and making war
out of love
became my perfected art

only bridges burned
just beyond
the insanity of yesterday

a voice
shouting out
that has nothing left to say

so much damage,
so many battlefields
with hearts left broken

so easily scoffed at
the madness in the words
I have spoken

the keys won't work
on the door,
my soul is out of business

my pain
is so great that my
damnation is listless

only a few
more steps to
a journey of finality

the soft kiss
of death is all
that's left for me

No comments:

Post a Comment