Sunday, November 14, 2010

the soft kiss

it is time to say goodbye, it is time for the end


no more happiness found now that I am free of sin


it's a lonely walk down an empty street, I can't seem to care


when I reach out my hand, no one is there


left to embellish the past with taunts of returning to the start


making war out of love became my perfected art


only bridges burned just beyond the insanity of yesterday


a voice shouting out that has nothing left to say


so much damage, so many battlefields with hearts left broken


so easily scoffed at the madness in the words I have spoken


the keys won't work on the door, my soul is out of business


my pain is so great that my damnation is listless


only a few more steps to a journey of finality


the soft kiss of death is all that's left for me

No comments:

Post a Comment